According to the American Academy of Dermatology, “fungal nail infections [are] quite common” and “your risk of getting a fungal nail infection increases if you:
- Have wet feet or hands frequently throughout the day
- Spend a lot of time in water
- Walk barefoot in a hot, humid place like a pool, public shower, or locker room
- Wear tight-fitting, closed-toe shoes, especially if you have sweaty feet
- Wear plastic gloves for hours every day.”
Fortunately, there are treatment options available!
Learn more about fungal nail infections and how they can be treated.
Don’t forget to schedule your appointment with us to get healthy nails now!
– The Dermatology Affiliates Team
Image Source: Marlinz Pharma